Posters with forensic experience are cropping up around the web to point this out. Ashley’s wound shows several characteristics consistent with self-injury including:
- The wounds are in an easily self-accessible location
- The wounds are relatively clean
- The wounds are non-linear (most violent carving happens in straight lines, not careful curved ones)
- The wounds are superficial (there are no puncture wounds)
- The wounds are not accompanied by any sign of struggle.
The damning evidence continues to roll in. Hopefully everyone who reported Ashley as a victim will print the coming retractions.
Here’s the picture again: